If you’re looking for a way to increase shelf-life and durability of a marketing piece, lamination might be the perfect solution. Simply put, lamination is the process of enclosing a printed piece by applying a permanent transparent film (or plastic) to both sides.
Not only does the transparent film add strength, rigidity and protection it also enhances the appearance of the printing by deepening and brightening the ink colors.
In an effort to provide state-of-the-art finishing services to the commercial printing industry, Post Press Specialties just added an Autobond 76 TPE Laminator. In honor of our new arrival, let’s review some of the benefits and applications of lamination.
Here are just a few of the many benefits laminating provides:
- Durability – Lamination increases the durability of print materials, allowing them to withstand frequent use.
- Protection – Need protection against fingerprints, smudges, stains, spills, tears, wrinkles, marks or abrasions? Lamination is the perfect solution. Plastic enclosures also protect against oil, grease, dirt, moisture and other contaminants.
- Appearance – Proper lamination improves the appearance by enhancing the ink colors of the printed piece. This creates a more professional look and holds attention longer.
- Quality – Lamination gives the impression of higher quality and importance.
- Versatility – Our Autobond Laminator can laminate one-side, two-side or edge sealed. This state-of-the-art laminator can handle sheets as small as 9” x 12” all the way up to 29” x 41”. It can also accommodate any substrate between 80# text and 24 point.
- Cost effectiveness – Since lamination increases the longevity of print materials, it saves money on reprinting.
The applications for laminating are endless. Post Press Specialties have laminated thousands of different types of products and pieces such as:
- Restaurant and Bar Menus
- Price and Part Lists
- Maps and Bookmarks
- Educational and Training Materials
- Membership Cards and Business Cards
- Machinery Warnings
- Maintenance Procedures
- Operating and Safety Instructions
- Signage and Rules
- Reusable Hang Tags
- Counter and Tabletop Displays
- Sales Presentation Materials
- Sell Sheets and Product Fact Sheets
- Showroom and Trade Show Materials
- Pocket Folders and Book Cover
if you have any additional questions about the benefits and uses of lamination, give one of the Midwest’s largest binderies, Post Press Specialties, a call at 816-257-1919. We provide print finishing services for short or long production runs. We’ve been “Finishing Strong” for over twenty-five years.